2021. július 7., szerda

PTBP (Proud to Be President)

Yesterday was the first Toastmasters meeting with my presidency - because I was elected as president of our club from the 1st of July to the 1st of July next year. Yay!

The election itself was in my opinion not solely because of my shining personality and supreme power as a possible president, but rather because I was the only one who - after some encouragement and negotiations - volunteered.

We'll see how it turns out. Until then, this was my first speech as a president (of course I learned it by heart):

"According to the club leadership handbook, the club mission is the following: „We provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth.”

As the new president of this club, I will do my best to ensure these values and mission statement in the upcoming year. This club is way more than a place to learn about communication and leadership though. When I arrived at my first Toastmasters meeting, I wasn’t sure what to expect and I wasn’t sure that I would like to be a member, I was just curious. But one meeting as a guest was enough to decide. I felt for the first time that I don’t have to feel ashamed of my ahs and ums. I felt for the first time that I won’t be laughed at (neither openly nor behind my back) for any mistakes that I make or for a not too perfect speech. Here in this club everyone knows that mistakes and stumbling are part of a learning journey. For me, being part of a community where mistakes are not only accepted but encouraged, is a treasure."

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése